Happy 2012 to you! As we ring in the New Year, I hope you are letting your Inner Wisdom lead the way. I don’t know about you, but I’ve decided to use the month of January as a time where I await further instructions.
I recorded a 3 minute video on my run yesterday to inspire you. Check it on out:
As promised in the video:
The Great Work Feminine Leadership and Mentorship Program
Now accepting applications…and only a few spots left!
Visit: www.TheGreatWoman.com to apply.
If you’re a woman who is ready to give her Great Work in 2012…ready to live your Vision…and you want to be mentored and coached by three women (me, Shiloh Sophia McCloud and Christine Arylo) who have walked the path, then please visit www.TheGreatWoman.com and download the Great Work application and turn it in ASAP. We only have a few spots left and begin this month! You WILL launch your Great Work if you join us.
Top 10 Ways to Ensure New Years’ Resolution Success
Did you know that fewer than 10% of people who set New Years’ Resolutions actually achieve them? How can you ensure YOUR success? Try using the Top 10 Tips below.
1. Write Them Down. It’s a fact: writing down your goals gives you a higher chance of success.
2. Commit. Move beyond the land of “good ideas” to the land of true “commitment”. Make the decision that you will show up for your goals. Perhaps you can do a ritual or ceremony to symbolize your commitment.
3. Go Public. Let your biggest fans in on your new commitments and goals for the year.
4. Get Accountability. Even better than just letting others in on your “secret” dreams and goals-get some accountability. Meet for lunch once a month with a group that will ask you, “So, how’s it going with your goal?” Hire a Coach. Talk to your best friend or partner. Get some support!
5. Make a Plan. Ensure success with a step-by-step plan. Wake-Up Call Coaching loves to work backwards by starting with the end vision of where you want to be and working backwards to where you are today. You’ll find an easy action plan to make your goals a reality.
6. Do a Goal Check-In. Before you decide on what you’ll take on for the year, make certain you can answer, “YES!” to the following questions: “Am I the primary reason for setting this goal (vs. your mom, boyfriend, wife, boss, society)? Do I feel alive and energized by this goal? Is this goal in line with my life purpose or mission?”
7. Get Real! If you’re contemplating putting a goal down that you always put down and never achieve, take a second look. How will this goal end DIFFERENTLY this year? Is this goal something you need to let go of? What purpose is it serving you each year? Is this goal masking as a form of self-punishment? What is the good enough reason to truly commit?
8. Focus With Reminders. Once you’ve written down your goals, created a plan and made sure they are worthy to pursue, figure out ways to remind yourself. Some Wake-Up Call Coaching clients post their goals in on their bathroom mirror or in their car. Others put reminders in their blackberries, iPhones or cell phones. Figure out what works for you.
9. Believe and Visualize. Do you know the story about the group of basketball players who spent one hour visualizing making baskets, while another group actually practiced? The visualizing players had better seasons! So visualize yourself on New Year’s Eve with all your goals achieved. What would that look like? How would it feel? Visualize once a day and see the difference it can make in your life.
10. Use anchors. Tie your goal to a habit you already have in place. Perhaps you decide to do your exercise right after brushing your teeth, or practice meditation after checking email. Anchoring your new behavior and goals to an existing habit is a great tool for success.
May 2012 be the year that your goals and dreams manifest with ease and joy!
I’d love to hear from you! Please leave your feedback, intuitive hits, questions and more in the comments below.